Monday, July 6, 2009

What a Find!!!

What a find my DH found....he gave me 20 yes that is TWENTY music boxes that I can add some artwork to! He was so excited that he phoned to make sure I could use them. I am showing the oval shape today and I'll show the larger wooden style tomorrow.
This is the oval music box. It is 8 inches long by 5.5 inches wide and about 2.5 inches high. Not at all small. The stamp is used is from Me and Carrie Lou and it is 3.5 in. by 4.5in. stamp so you can see there is loads of space to work with.I embossed the image with Marcasite Black powder that gives such a wonderful sparkle to the design. I used Twinkling H2Os to color. This is one of my favorite stamps...it is just so detailed. For this one I left the BG untouched.
On this second version I used the same stamp but treated it with Gold Detail embossing powder and different Twinkles.

I used a lot more colors on this image and also treated the BG with Distress Inks Broken China and Frayed Burlap added using a sponge.
I collect music boxes so I'll keep one but all the rest are going to family and special friends at Christmas time. I am just so excited. Everyone expects something handmade but these will be special. I am even thinking I could make new images for them to change each year...talk about advanced planning. You will see more of these before I finish them all but I will try to sneak a card in here and there but it will be hard. I love doing something like this...cards are great but this is just plain wonderful.
Talk later
Hugs
Heather



5 comments:

Bev said...

Oh my goodness, how lucky are you to be able to alter these little beauties!! And what a fabulous job you have made too - I can't wait to see the rest of them x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Heather,what beautiful,l love the image and colours.

ZO MOOI...
Hugs Riet.x

Stressed Stamper said...

Fantastic heather - love them
Sarah

Shirley said...

Wow, those are lovely. Where did he get the music boxes. What a really cleaver idea. Wow!

Moni said...

Heather you di fab job, love it! Fab idea! Hugs, Moni