Friday, July 3, 2009

Whiff of Joy DT Call

This is the sketch for the DT call at Whiff of Joy. It is such a different sketch...the edge is wonderful to work with. I used this Sitting Willow image and used Twinkling H2Os to paint her. The paper I used is Whisper White (SU) and Light Blue (The Paper Company) and Teal (The Paper Company). The DP is from the Glitter slab from DCWV.
Both the strawberries , the sentiment and Willow are from the Summer stamp set. I found a doily the correct size and ran the Baja Breese ink pad across the top to show the design. I attached Willow and one strawberry with tape. I used my Medium Marvy Daisy punch and attached the strawberries to the flower base. The berries are colored in Garnet and I used a red spica pen on the dimples. The ribbon is Traditional Satin from Michaels.

To match the sentiment I decides to use Hearts on the inside. The Teal hearts were cut out of the teal paper after I had used the Paisley Impossibilities from Spellbinders. Both the hearts dies and the impressibility were run through my Wizard I ran the white ink pad across the hearts that were made of the impressabilited paper to show the design. On the edge of the base on the rieght I used the doily punch from Martha Stewart to add some decoration to the edge.
We are in the middle of a storm so I want to post this before I lose the power to do this.
Hugs
Heather

6 comments:

Moni said...

Waw so gorgeous card, fab sketch, love the layout! Good luck with DT Call! Hugs, Moni

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is pretty! You always dress up the insides of your cards so beautifully, too. The sparkle is just perfect for this sweet image!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Dellow said...

Hi Heather love your card, love all the hearts, so pretty. Have a good weekend. Kim

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the cute Willow you have used and the doily behind her (I also used one for my card :)). The colours are gorgeous and I love the blue ribbon.

Vanja

Shirley said...

Now she is just lovely.