Saturday, June 13, 2009

Strawberry Baskets for Friday Sketches

I followed the sketch from Friday's Sketches to make this card. I used one of the Willows from the Summer Set and colored her with my markers. I used the strawberry stamp instead of flowers on the lower right.
I used lots of leftover paper for this card and love how it turned out. I found the blue DP first and then knew I had to make the apples either reddish or yellow and once that was decided I hunted for some yellow. I used my oval frames from Alota and then cut out the shape with the nestibility. I used the MS Lace punch to edge the of the side panel. I added a center strip of the DP with the ribbon on top.

On the inside I continued with the DP and the MS punch. Two more strawberries and an area for the note finished the inside.
This turned out as a nice happy card that I think I will send to one of the mother's of one of the graduates. This is a tough time for us Moms...our babies are graduating. Off to the Baccalaureate tomorrow and the Prom on Monday. An exciting but busy time.
Hugs
Heather

4 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the image! Hugs, Moni

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather.

Hugs Riet.x

Shirley said...

Goodness. So feminine and adorable and beautiful too!

Shirley said...

Now she is very very pretty!