Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Its Your Day

I made this card to give to my son's date for the Prom. I wanted to have something she could save with her photos since she is such a great girl. I can submit this card for both the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and the Stamp with Fun Challenge. The Spoon full of Sugar challenge is to make a card to celebrate something so I choose to celebrate graduation.

I used my Prismacolored Markers to color these images and attached them using dimensional dots to this DCWV Far East stack paper. I also used the Metallic Textured paper by DCWV as the BG. I used my heidi Swapp Edge Distresser to create the shabby vintage look for the Stamp with Fun challenge. I then used the Worn Lipstick distress ink and Gold ink to highlight the edges. The butterflies were made using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch. The sentiment stamp is from the $1 bin at Michaels. I embossed it with a mixture of Garnet and Tinsel Gold powder.
I left the inside plain to write a "perfect" note to the date. I have to rush off and do a "small" bit of housework to say I did some...HaHa. Talk later.
Hugs
Heather

4 comments:

Moni said...

So gorgeous card, love the image and the butterflies! Thanks for linking my blog candy, good luck! Hugs, moni

Mona said...

Hi,
your card is really gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Mona
swf-team

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Heather,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Sandra said...

Hi Heather...beautiful card,love the Tilda and Edwin images you have used,such a pretty card,thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
Take care
San x