Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Easter Iris

The challenge on Timeless Tuesdays from Flourishes is to emboss. Today I used Gold embossing powder on the Siberian Iris stamp to create this card. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and used Twinkling H2Os to color. The DP is from DCWV as is the Metallic Textured blue paper. I used the new EK success edge punch to decorate the edges. I used my new Marvy flower punch to create the flower in the top right corner. Pearls were added along the bottom left corner and the center of the flower punch. The ribbon is from Michaels.
The above photo shows the coloring without the gold shining. I put a pink haze around the image to add the shadow effect. The curvy rectangle nestibility was used to cut out the layers of the image.
The first image I embossed was stamped too much. The gold powder was way to thick. Instead of throwing it out I put it on the inside and used a marker to go around the edge. I added a piece of the metallic blue and a small strip of whisper white. The punch was used to decorate each piece.
Don`t forget to comment on the New Thomas Kincade and Surprise post for blog candy. Have a great day.
Hugs
Heather

3 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

What a beautiful card & perfect for sending Easter blessings

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Riet said...

wowww Heather,what a beautiful cards,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Shirley said...

How absolutely elegant, both inside and out! I love that stamp set too!