Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Christmas Glitter


I made this card following the rules for Spoon full of Sugar...use lots of glitter. I love glitter so this challenge was oodles of fun. The only problem is of course, glitter does not photo well. So I took more photos to see if I could at least tell you where the glitter is.
For the main image I used a Magnolia image I received from Claudia of Pretty Pressings. She sent me a collection of images from Magnolias and I am loving them. To add glitter to the image I used a spica pen to add the red dots along the white scalloped trim. I also used spica pens in black to highlight the dots on the dress and the trim in her hands. I also used the gold spica pen on the trim. I used a combination a black, blue spica pens and white gel pen on the eyes. I really like how they turned out.
The photo above shows how I added red dots to the BG white oval. I used the largest oval nestibility to cut out the image and there was way too much white. I first used a black gel pen to trim the outside edge with the triangle of dots and wavy line. I love this edging trick.... you don`t have to draw a straight line and since it curves you don`t have to be exactly the same distance for the edge. Try it...it is a very forgiving trim. The crystal brads are from the $ store and the flowers are attached with stickles. I love stickles and have to make myself not use it on every card.
Now this final picture show the bottom panel I cut from a page of the Christmas Glitter slab from Provo Craft. It came with the light green trees in full glitter so I just added spica pen glitter to the purple, pink and dark green trees.

I had fun doing this card and continued by decorating the inside. No photos but I just used the Happiest of Holidays stamps from SU to trim it up.

Off to look after the mess created by the wind we have today. So far it has blown our barbecue over. Thank goodness we had run out of gas. The whole thing is in pieces...the burner is off, the tank is loose and the brickets are mostly dust. It also blew the cover off the hot tub so I had to get that back on too.

Talk later
Heather

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Heather love the sparkle, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Shirley said...

This is just beautiful. Thanks for the extra pictures. I can tell pretty much though, because I know what it looks like since I have had the same problem. That statement makes no sense! Ha! I love the trees, her rope, and everything you did, Heather.