Thursday, October 9, 2008

Glitzy Skaters

s I wish that this photo actually showed the glitz. I had so much shine on the photo that I had to `dull`the picture and now it looks rather boring. In the real world....not the world of blogland, this card is sooooo glitzy. So, turn on your imaginations and see glitz instead of dull red and black.



I seem to be doing a lot of Christmas cards which is true but ... I send a lot and I have been asked to take a table at the High School Craft Fair so I need cards and all my other crafty things. Since the sale is in mid November I`m thinking Christmas cards would go over very big.



I have met such lovely people in blogville and I have a new friend. Shirley at http://cardartetc.blogspot.com/ has a wonderful blog. She explains wonderfully and has awesome work. Please run over and check out this fantastic blog. Tell her Heather sent you.

So back to this post. Well my DH is away again and the boys seem to be busy so at 11 pm last night I started this card. Normally I am off to bed at 10:30 so this was sleep time for me. I stated by embossing and wanted to try this silhouette stamp on some simmer paper. Then I had this great wrinkled paper and so the creation started. I think I`ll try to do all the stats at the end so it is easier to find. Here are the details

Stamp: CHR 051K from The Stamp Barn
Embossing Powder: Disco Black ( it has major sparkle effect in multi colors)
Paper: The Paper Company for the wrinkle and shimmer blue, Michael`s Value Pack for the garnet.
Ribbon: Spool O`Ribbon from Michaels
Jewells: no idea but I`m guessing Michaels. I have had them for ages. I glued them on with Crystal Effects from SU
Pens: Spica Red and Black

Talk later and Thank You so much for all the comments.
Heather

2 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a darling card Heather! I love the dew drop in the center of the ribbon. And yes, I can imagine the beautiful sparkle going on in your card!! Love the textured paper too!!

Shirley said...

Heather, this is wonderful! Great colors for the BG too! I like what you did with the backgound and the Dew Drops.