Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Princess Ball

Finally, I have page one of the Princess Ball. This is a 12 x 12 scrapbook page that is the beginning of a set of pages dedicated to the Princess Ball we hosted for our 4 year old Grand Niece.

It seems ages since I did scrapbooking and it was great fun. Five of us have decided to scrap at least once a month so it will be fun to start scraping again. I love scraping and I am partial to 12 x 12 sheets. They just seem to allow for so much. I have enjoyed many visits to my memories when I look at the scrapbooks. I can them my Heritage Keepers. I think they are a wonderful family keepsake for future generations. I can only wonder at how great it would have been to see into the lives of my ancestors. But, onto the present...

I used the most beautiful paisley paper from the Paper Company to build my page on. Instead of a lot of journalling on this page I used photos to introduce the `happening`.

This photo is of the princess when she was three. The remainder photos are of her fourth birthday gathering. I used the largest oval nestibility to cut out the photo and its matching scallop nestie was used to cut its frame. I used Twinkling H2Os to highlight the scallop and placed this on top of a dollie. I love dollies. They handle H2Os and inks beautifully. I distressed with Vintage photo and weathered wood and this causes the details of the dollie to really show up.
I found this wonderful sticker at the $ store. You can purchase some of the greatest accessories at the $ store. This was from a 12 x 12 sheet of stickers that all have glitter on them. Now who could ask for more. This photo appears out of focus but isn`t on the page. That is my DH with our niece and the princess, her daughter.
I used H2Os to color in this castle stamp. Our Grand Niece asked to have her Birthday Ball at our house because she thinks it looks like a castle. Now we do not live in anything at all like a castle but we do have a large house with an extra large living room that contains a lot of antiques so....her imaginations sees the home of a princess. It could also have to do with the fact that she gets treated like a princess when she is with us.


This is a very long post so if you need anymore details just email me for the info. Talk later.
Heather


1 comment:

Shirley said...

I've been waiting for this. These are from the little birthday party, huh? What a beautiful memory page! Love your choice of deco too!