Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Christmas Wreath

I made this card for today`s challenge on Splitcoaststampers. This one was great. I made the two triangles using stamps, versamark and embossing powder. On the blue side I embossed the snowflakes with crystal transparent powder and I used gold detail on the whisper white. I have tried to paste a copy of the sketch but my magical powers seem to be on the fritz today, instead here is the address:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107788&d=1219207761 . ( Sorry about the lack of talent to transfer this.)

I bought this Stampin Up stamp at the stamp exchange at Carousel Rubber Stamp store in Darthmouth Nova Scotia. The year on the stamp is 1999 but I have no idea what set it is from. I stamped it in versafine onyx black and used prismacolored pencils with OMS. I then highlighted it with H2Os to make it glimmer.
Day 2 without a vehicle and I am surviving. The problem today is the weather. ...it`s cold today. It is only going up to 16C today and that is not warm enough. I would have the fireplace on except the boys turned off its pilot light and I can`t get down to turn it back on.. Oh yeah, and it`s only August.
Off to look after the pups. Talk later.
Heather







4 comments:

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Heather, retirement is serving you well and we're blessed for it. This is absolutely beautiful. WOW!

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, and loved the way you coloured it
Jose

SueStampin Daly said...

Very pretty!!!Welcome to the blogging world.

Debbie Olson said...

So beautiful, Heather--I love the shimmer on the fruit!