Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh Holy Night

I loved this stamp as soon as I saw it but now that I have it, I am finding it very limited to work with. This time I used Pearl Ex powders to color the image. Though the camera does not show it, the colors on the image are a blue, green gold and purple. Pearl Ex had a lovely glow about it but it does not photograph great. I first covered the image with copper pearl ex and then the separate colors. That is the great part about Pearl Ex...you can cover and change it.

This photo shows the detail of the stamp. I stamped the image on Basic Black to show more detail.

I then cut out the image and place it on whisper white that I had bayer with Nearly Navy and Creamy Carmel (SU). I wanted a starry night scene so I created stars with stamps from Snow Burst (SU) using Archival Brilliance Platinum Planet ink. I think that turned out OK. I then framed it in a scrap of shiny gold and presented the whole piece on a Indigo Blue Canson cardstock.

It seems funny to be doing Christmas Cards so early but my family has an Open House on the first Saturday of December where about 200 people tour our house to see the Christmas decorations. That means long about Oct. we start preparing...taking all decor, ornaments, painting etc. down to pack so the Christmas materials can come out. If I don`t do these now then they probably will not get done.

Today is middle son`s birthday so off to make something special for him. I LOVE all the comments that people have left. They make me feel so special. Please continue telling your opinion, it does count.

Heather

3 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh heather.. i loooove this.
i love the effect of pearl ex. when i started blogging i made some pearl ex cards too. used my xyron on a piece of acetate.

your card is stunning
hugs
claudia

Shirley said...

How pretty, Heather. I have this stamp and thank you for giving me some ideas.

Deborah March said...

Beautifully done!