Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flowers and Lace

I am so pleased with this card. I plan to use it for someone who needs to be told how much they are appreciated. I started with the stamp from Hampton Art stamps and tried to make a romantic old world card. I knew I wanted flowers and may be lace and that the BG had to be antinqued. I took a piece of Carson white cardstock and heavily distressed the edges using the cutting tool from Stampin Up. I wanted to created dimension so I wrapped the corners around a paintbrush causing them to curl. Then I heavily sponged frayed burlap distress ink around the edges and lightly through out the cardstock. I



I stamped the image in Versafine Black Onyx on glossy paper. I used Blue Ice H2O to paint the stamp and highlighted it with Rose Petal. This photo shows the sheen you get with the H2Os. It is lovely in real life. I used an oval cutter and placed the image first on Peal Blue paper from Carsons and then on a dollie. I used both frayed burlap and weathered wood distress inks to soften the color of the white dolly.



I attached the Prisma flowers with crystal effect and then added some microbeeds to the center of the flower. I decided it needed some dainty leaves so I used the leaves stamp from Feathered Hope (SU) After cutting them out I painted the leaves with Sweet Alfalfa and attached them with crystal effects.


I am very pleased with this card. I think I will do more distressing to my projects. It really adds dimension.

The weather has certainly changed here. It feels like Fall. The temperature in the morning was only 14C. Soon the leaves will be turning colors. How I love the Fall.

Off to feed the pups. They are so active now. They are either roughhousing each other or trying to eat my toes. I`m going to have to wear full shoes to protect my toes!

Have a great day.
Heather

1 comment:

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous. Kimx