Friday, August 29, 2008

Just Going for a Spin


Isn`t this cute! I did this card for the Wed. and Thurs. challenges on SCS, SC191 and WT181. I loved the sketch and the challenge was to use Prismacolored Pencils. Go figure. I certainly am out of step since WT181 referred to going back to Prismacolors ( Copics have taken over).


The stamp is from Sugar Nellie and I love it. this is a stamp company found in Scotland and they make adorable stamps. Their site is http://www.sugarnellie.com/ go check it out. They ship to Canada for a great price.
I had a great time coloring this image. I used Odorless Mineral Spirits to help spread the colors and it works great. After coloring I added a light grey around the whole image to give it a shadow. I am amazed at how much depth this adds to an image.


The final step was coloring and cutting out these flowers. I used the On Gossamer Wings from SU, colored them in and cut them out. Then I sprayed them with water and used my embossing tool to shape them. It makes such a difference. I added microbeads using crystal effects to hold them.

Well its only 4:30 am and I am so sleepy. The pups decided it was time to get up at 3:30 am and I didn`t want anyone else to wake up so I got them out to the other end of the house. They played and played and now they are flaked out on a pillow. Guess I could have a little Nap in a chair for an hour and then it`s time to get middle child up for work. I am so glad school starts on Tuesday...everyone has about the same schedule and I get the house back. Yeah! Who knew how crowded a house could get....talk about cramping my style. All gets back to normal on Tuesday. The countdown is on.

Off to nap. Have a great day.

Heather

No comments: