Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life`s Simple Pleasures

I had lots of time this afternoon to stamp since I was without a vehicle. My middle son needs my car for the next 13 days. I didn`t think it would bother me but... . It`s not like I went out each day just when I wanted to. Oh well, guess I`ll have to stamp and blog!

I borrowed this fantastic stamp from my Demo and the friend who introduced me to card making. Her name is Karen Boreham ( karnlynn on SCS) and she is a talented lady. I had scrapped but never tried cards and never even heard of Stampin Up. Imagine! My how my life has changed. Thanks Karen.


Anyhow, back to the card. I did this card to fulfill the challenge at CPS. Here is the sketch so you can give it a try:


http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com Challenge 8

It was fun to do. I used Whisper White (SU) for the base and coated the edge with riverock and vintage photo adn fired brick distress inks. I just did enough to meet the edges of the next layer. Here I used a thick paper from the Paper Company in the Basketball pattern. It feels just like a basketball...go figure.

For the next layer I stamped the image with Versafine Onxy Black and colored it in with...guess it.....yes Prismacolored Pencils and OMS. I then embossed the image with detail clear powder because I thought I would bayer the BG. I used the daubers instead and wished I had not embossed it. I like the look of the image left alone. Guess I should plan my cards better. Finally I put it all together with the ribbon which is from the Price Club.

Well everybody is now home and demanded a little of my time. Have a great one folks and thanks so much for all the lovely comments. They really mean a lot to bloggers so keep em coming.

Heather





No comments: