Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Flourishes Valentine

This is the first card I have made using a Flourishes stamp and I am very impressed with the stamps. They are very detailed and they take both ink and versamark extremely well. Love the impression they leave. This is the I Love Roses Set and I think I will have lots of fun with it.
Today I stamped the full bloom rose onto whisper white cardstock using versamark and embossed it with gold detail powder. I then used Twinkling H2Os to paint inside the gold lines. I attached 2 leaf sections and placed the rose over them. I attached them to a dark blue cardstock that I had run through the cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot folder. This is one of my favorite folders. It always makes the paper seem gorgeous. I also used 2 silver brads ($store) and attached the whole thing to gold gloss paper.
I attached the rose section to a piece of pressed and creased DP also in navy blue.
I ran sheer shimmer ribbon across the top and attached a flat bow with a blue crystal brad. I found it hard to take a picture showing the bow but in reality it looks great. I again used Gold Detail embossing powder to add the sentiments Love Always. I cut them out using the large oval punch (SU).

For the base of the card I used deep rose colored paper that I do not know the label of...sorry. On the inside I added the small version of the full bloom rose on the stem.


I am actually now being quite quiet since the boys finally agreed to study for their exam tomorrow. So I guess I sign off till tomorrow.

Hugs

Heather

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I have been fighting getting this stamp and every time I see it I just lose more ground! ha! Your card is outstanding and so elegant too!