Monday, January 12, 2009

Scrapbook Day.

Well here they are ladies, the Scrapbookers of Hillsborough. These ladies introduced me to scrapbooking 4 years ago and we have had such fun. We got together on Sat. to play all day long. They are at my new `work table`in my new space which I will post in a day or two. I am so excited on what I started on Sat. that I have to post this first.I started a mini book about, guess who....my Yorkies. This is the cover of the album.

I am so proud of this mini album....that is not even finished yet. I made all the embellishments and had such fun doing it.
I cut the flower using my cricut, on black paper and then used a stamp and versamark and two colors of Perfect Pearls. I misted it when done and rolled the edges around the paintbrush to give it a 3D appearance. You can also see how I used a hole punch on the photo above.
This next picture shows my beautiful butterfly.
I stamp with Versamark and then embossed with Gold Detail. I colored it using Twinkling H2Os. This photo also shows the hole punch distress on the photo.
The next photo show another layered flower again done with Perfect Pearls and a bookplate tag done using copper embossing with gold highlights. The writing is done with Inkadinkado Opaque penas well as the dots on the flowers.
This final photo shows a frame I found at Micheals $ bin. I used the Opague pen to dot around the edge. The frame is similar to chipboard and really adds dimensions.
The flowers are stamped on black and gold embossed. I painted them with Twinkling H20s. I attached the flowers to a piece of Magic Mesh for more texture.
I attached all the paper on the panel using Modge Podge and distress the edges with sandpaper. All the papers used in the album are from DCWV The Pets Stack slab. Wonderful papers with lots of texture.
Today I spent most of the day finding and then attaching 31 photos to a collage mat that my DH wants in his office. It is large with a mate with different sized openings for the photo and it was not fun to do. It does look great though so it is worth the time it took....but no playing today.
Wait until tomorrow....my plan is forming in my head as we speak. I just noticed my counter is not working...ugh.
Hugs
Heather

1 comment:

Shirley said...

What a lovely lovey album! They are truly loved, and your embellishments are priceless the way you used them.