Friday, January 16, 2009

Once Upon a Time


Happy Coldest Day of the Year!! I decided that today I needed to make a card that was not winter and ended up doing this. Ribbon, Gold Embossing, and Nestibilities...who could ask for more.
I embossed using an Inkadinkado stamp on Whisper White. I then colored using Twinkling H20s. I used Rose Petal and Garnet.

The nestibilities were the second largest and the second smallest....do I see a trend here? Once separated I used paper from the Provo Craft Crackled Background pad. The DP on the full panel is from the Once Upon a Time pad from DCWV. The sentiment in the middle of the heart: Once upon a time, is a stamp set from Hampton Art. I love this set. The second part of this stamp set was used on the inside of the card

I gold embossed all edges to add a little glamour to this card. I wanted it as romantic as I could make it. I did not have the right kind of ribbon but I think the barely pink ribbon on the front seems to work.
I seem to be rambling today....I think it must be the cold. -40C today. School is cancelled and I am cold...I would be happy if I wasn`t retired. The worst part of retirement is missing the joy of hearing that announcement on the radio...School is cancelled...yeah! Oh well, I guess I will have to suffer...school is cancelled each day for me.
Guess I am going to have to sign off....I need something warm to drink. Talk later.
Hugs
Heather

2 comments:

Poppy said...

very pretty card.
poppy

Shirley said...

How absolutley elegant in every way!! I can't say enough!