Friday, January 23, 2009

Remember When


Oh what a sunny day we are having. I am sitting at my desk in front in the sun beam from two windows and it is just glorious. It is -18C outside but wonderful here in the sun. I can almost imagine I am on sunny beach.

I made this card following the sketch for Friday Sketchers. It is a great sketch that I decided to make similar in style to the one made by Bea. I made the front flap less than half the width of the card and I love this style. I think I will be trying this one again.
I used Windy Tilda and of course my favorite color combination Purple and Aqua. The papers are from DCVW and they are so lovely. I colored Tilda with Prismacolored Pencils and OMS. I used 2 Prisma flowers and put the other flowers inside of them. They are from the ever famous $store. For the yellow brads I made a circle using the 1/4 in. SU punch as a washer. I really like the result. The ribbon is from Martha Stewart and the Ribbon slide is from SU. The Remember When is an Inkadinkado stamp. I used versamark and white embossing powder and attached it with dimensionals.
I am on my way to a scrapbook store that is closing out in Sussex NB about an hour away. Its hard to see another store close but the owner wants to retire and who can blame someone for that. Retirement is great fun...why did I wait so long!
Hoping to get lots of goodies. Talk tomorrow.
Hugs
Heather


2 comments:

Bev said...

Fabulous card Heather, such yummy colours

hugs Bev x

Lynda Nielsen said...

Oh this is beautiful. I love the colors, and the card details!
Hugs
Lynda =)