Thursday, January 8, 2009

Male Birthday Card

My Husband has decided he would like to have a box of mixed cards at his office for his secretary to send out. To make a start on this he asked for some male birthday cards. I am not too happy with this one but maybe you have some suggestions on how I can improve it.

I used this Inkadinkado stamp since it had never been inked and I decided to try out all my stamps. This one was given to me last Summer and its about time that I inked it.

Today on the Dutch Dare Challenge, you need to make a card that has at least 3 triangles on it so I put this together. The papers are all from DCWV and I really enjoy them. I think the colors are manly and there are no frills or sparkles...well just a bit of sparkle from a dot of stickles on each triangle. Now any man can handle that much glitter!

The boys are at a Hockey meeting and then off to practice so I control the remote for the TV. I am going to watch ER followed by Grey`s Anatomy...who could ask for more. Time to leave and get comfy in my chair covered up with a blanket and of course 3 Yorkies. Talk tomorrow.

Hugs

Heather

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Who but you would know how to put a beautiful card together with no ribbon, etc. What a really gorgeous card! I love Asian and this really does it justice. The triangles are perfect and so are the corners. Love it!

Karin said...

Hi Heather,

not pleased with this card?? I love it. Great choice of papers and a beautifull stamp.
Love how you've used all those triangles. i think any men would be happy to receive this one.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin

Wilma said...

I too like your card very much. It is a nice change from all the big triangles, your smaller ones. Like it!

Hugs Wilma (DDCC)

Sue said...

Beautiful catd, luv the image, great colouring, sue.x

Cathy said...

This is stunning - love theat image and your colouring. Great use of trinagles.
Thank you for joining in the DDCC this week.
Cathy xx