Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Surprise

This is what we woke to on Easter Sunday....SNOW! We had snow all day but what we didn't have was power. Our electricity went out before 6am and finally got it back at 7pm. My wonderful Easter dinner managed to be from Kentucky Fried Chicken! It was less work but wow did I miss that wonderful food. We managed to get to church and had a wonderful service without power...it actually was nice to sing without the organs. Our plan to watch movies was scratched and instead we all wrapped up in blankets and ate the treats from the bunny. Thank goodness the fireplace worked because it actually was cold! We did survive and now wait for the snow to end and then I would like it to melt immediately.
I had managed to get the sketch from Saturday Sketch challenge so I had something to do. I had embossed the imaged with gold detail powder so I colored and cut without power.

I used my markers to color image from AllNight Media. The stamp has an ornate frame around the flowers that I left off. It is just too fancy for what I had in mind. I used the square nestibilities and embossed the edges. Gotta love my cuttlebug...no power needed. I layered the image on Kiwi Kiss and a scrap of golden orange paper.

I made this wonderful flower using two marvy punches and the Martha Stewart oak leaf punch. I love these punches...they make perfect flowers.

I used the remainders of the paper from Provo Craft and attached another of the punched flowers on the inside. The sentiment on the front is from Cloud Nine Designs Puppy Love set and I wrote the sentiment on the inside with a Callipen from Sakura.
So far the snow has stayed at the light flurries stage today and the powder if on so hopefully I will be able to answer some emails and surf blogland. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Heather

6 comments:

Moni said...

OMG you had snow, here in Slovenia we have warm and sunny day! But card is fantastic, love the image and the colours are gorgeous! Hugs, Moni

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Heather,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

Thats ALOT of snow hehe.

Have something for you on my blog.

Cheryl

Trina said...

Wow...you poor girl!! Sounds like your easter wasn't exactly what you expected!! Your card is gorgeous though...glad you had some embossing done already! I love the colors on this card.

Jo said...

Oh My Word! snow!
sorry to hear your easter wasn't as expected,
but you have made a beautiful card!!
Thank you for joining us this week!
Jo xx

Shirley said...

What a beautifully cheerful card for a snowy day! I love your colors and the design inside and out!