Monday, April 6, 2009

Simple Design


I followed the sketch for Friday Sketches and forgot to post this card. There is very little color on this card just black, grey and light pink and no pattern paper. This is a truly simple card.

I used scraps from cuttlebugged projects. One piece is done in the maze pattern and the other shows the dotted Swiss pattern. Kneeling Willow is done with two colors of markers....Deco Pink and French Grey. Not my usual style...but good for a change. I had to have some embellishment just because, so I used Prima flowers attached with an SU brad and some pink ribbon from Michaels.

Definitely something different than my normal style but I do like it. I will say it looks much better in real. The pink paper is actually shimmer paper so though it does not show in the photo, it does add some shimmer to the card.
I really am late posting this but life just got in the way. I have to stop now...my fingers keep mis-spelling simple words and my backspace key is wearing out on my today. The fingers seem to have other plans than the ones my brain is thinking....anyone now a good finger mechanic?
Hugs
Heather

3 comments:

Moni said...

I love black on the card, think it is fab and gorgeous! Hugs, Moni

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x

Shirley said...

How delicate and beautiful too! She is just lovely, Heather!