Friday, April 17, 2009

Me and Carrie Lou

For those who have never seen these stamps, let me introduce you to the most wonderful stamps to watercolor. They are Me and Carrie Lou stamps. I ordered quite a few (I mean it was love at first sight) and love them all. The stamps are large, very detailed and fully cushioned. I saw them first on Jerri's blog. She does lovely work with these stamps and I had to find some. After looking for almost a year I finally found this new store. Go check it out.

So, here is my card. My Mom turned 91 yesterday and this is the card I made for her. I used gold embossing powder and Twinkling H2Os to get this done.

There is so much detail yet lots of opportunity to create your own beauty. I had such fun doing this card. My Mom loves hummingbirds so it was just the perfect image. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and then layered it using DCWV Textured Metallic paper. The sentiment was hand printed using a Zip pen. I used the large and small oval punched for the sentiment.

I used my second Me and Carrie Lou stamp on the inside. This one is the Romantic Border stamp which I gold embossed and water colored with Twinks. I am very happy with these stamps and recommend them to all.
I hear another one of those stamps calling me so off I go to stamp some more. Have a great day.
Hugs
Heather

5 comments:

Moni said...

Stunning, love the card and you did perfect job, your mum will love it! This stamps are gorgeous and your colouring is also fantastic! Have a nice weekend! Hugs, moni

Riet said...

ohhh wowwww Heather,what a beautiful card,l love the image.


hugs Riet.x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fantastic card stuning image and colouring ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What beautiful card! The image is gorgeous and your coloring is amazing!

Shirley said...

Oh my, does it get any prettier! I love these stamps and more...what you do with them!