Friday, April 3, 2009

Play in the Sun

I tried something different this time. I cut out the curvy rectangle and added the image behind the opening using dimensions. I then used the next side up the create the final opening. The third time I only embossed the next larger size of the curvy rectangle creating an embossed frame.

I used my Prismacolored Markers and some spica pens on the hair and bow. the Inkessential Opaque pen added highlights. The small blossoms were created using the Marvy punch. The larger blossom was two Prima flowers, one marvy punched flower and a flower brad. On the inside I used the cut-outs from the frames and the sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado. I added some of the punched flowers for embellishment.
We are on our way to a lovely warm weekend. It is supposed to reach 12C today. The snow is really melting and as long as no more snow comes...Spring may actually be seen. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs
Heather

5 comments:

Riet said...

ohh woww,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.

hugs Riet.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wooooooow. I love how you did this card. Right off I saw it was unique and had to reread your post three times before I clued in as to how you did it. Love it!

Bev said...

Oh this is just amazing Heather - I love how you have embossed around the image and the gorgeous colours x

Shirley said...

How precious and so Spring, which I could use a bit of, LOL Love every little detail. Beautiful!

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card and beautifully coloured!
Clairex