Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Buttons, Buttons and More Buttons

I have been missing for a few days...partly feeling rotten from the weather and the other, missing my puppies. They have all gone to new families except for Meggie who we kept. Now I only have 2 dogs on the bed instead of 5 and I miss their kisses. I know that puppies do grow up but Yorkies are sooooo cute. Well. they are all in great homes so onto the card. I made this card for the Dutch Dare #13 challenge....use buttons, lots of buttons. I tried to make this card for a man and I think it turned out OK for a masculine card. I stuck to what I think are manly colors...brown, olive green, golden yellow.

This is an Outline stamp. They are made so that you can separate the stamp to create layers. I stamped the image 3 times and used dimensionals to separate the layers.

I used glue dots to attach the buttons around the image. I had tried a button on each point but it was too much. I like it better this way. I picked up the Birthday Wishes stamp at Michaels. It is a Scrappycut stamp. I love the little green buttons, I attached them with crystal effects.

Not much else to say today. The sun is shining and the weather is great. I had better get outside while the sun is friendly...rain again tomorrow. Take care.
Till tomorrow
Heather


4 comments:

Carolyn King said...

How fun...love the quilted design and all those fun buttons!!!

Karin,Sandra, Monika said...

Great card!! thanks for joying in the dutch dare challenge!!!

Karin said...

Hi Heather,

what a fabulous card.
I love the colors and that stamp is so great.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Challenge.

xoxo karin

Shirley said...

What a really pretty design....and I really love the buttons too!