Thursday, September 25, 2008

Whiff of Joy First Challenge

Want to take part in the first challenge of a new stamp line? Head on over to http://katharina1704.blogspot.com/ . I love these are a lovely new style of rubber stamps. I only have this one but I am ordering more. They are lovely. Wednesday saw the first challenge of this new stamp line. Here is the sketch that was to be used.

And here is the card I made following this sketch. I used my only WOJ stamp but only used the top part of the stamp.
I used my Close to my Heart cutting system to create the circles. I first used Prismacolor Pencils to color the image but then it was embossed with detail clear embossing powder. I then bayered gold ink on the image. I never seem to get enough of the powder to stick and therefore some of the gold ink went onto the image. Lucky me, it turned out great. I need to invest in a new versamarker so this doesn`t happen again. This time it worked out but I just got lucky on this.

All the papers are from the Paper Company except for the pattern pieces which are scraps. Once I had put the two panels on I decided that I had to dress up the panels so I added ribbon I am still not sure if they are enough. I thought of using Spica Pens to highlight but decided against it. Never know shat I will do in the future.
I riffled through my stash of Prima flowers and found these gorgeous flowers which I attached using a crystal brads from the $store. If you look you can find some great brads at the store. I chose a green crystal brad on this card.

I missed a day this week. I thought that today was the 24th. Some place stole the 23rd from me.

Have a great one. Talk later.
Heather

No comments: