Friday, September 19, 2008

Cuttlebug Folder Lace Tree

As I promised yesterday, here is the second cuttlebug folder I purchased and I really love it. I see it most as a Christmas folder but it is called Lace tree sooooo how about for the spring if I colored it with chalks. I must remember that one.

The photo really doesn`t do the card justice. The tree is embossed on Green Gold Pearl Luster Paper. It has such a lovely greenish color that the photo does not really show. I paper pierced the edges, used the ticket punch from SU on the corners and layered on red then black. the Rejoice is done in detail black embossing power and then I drew in the flourishes with a black spica pen.

The second card today is made following this sketch for Pretty Pressings. http://rosaswelt.blogspot.com/2008/09/pretty-pressings-sketch-challenge-with.html this is the link for this blog candy. Be brave and have fun go check it out.
I used the SU set called Wishing You Cheer. This is the first time I used this set and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
I stamped all the images with versfine onyx black except for the Merry Christmas which I stamped first in the versamark and then in Rose Red. I embossed the sentiment with detail clear embossing. I learned this trick from Michele Zindorf. She is such a fantastic artist. She does it all the time and it really does work.

As you can see, I used brads in each corner to create some color. I had cuttlebugged the blue paper with the swirl embossing folder and cut a 3.5 inch square to hold the 3 inch circle. The outside squares are 5 inches and 5.25 inches. I used the 1.25 inch circle punch from SU to create the circles on the corners. I used $ door stamps for the candy cane and the Merry Christmas.
I colored the images with Prismacolored Pencil and highlighted the snowman with a clear spica pen. This made the snowman sparkle.

Both of these cards were fast to make and fun to do. Give the Pretty Pressings challenge a go. It is a great sketch.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Gorgeous I will have to try this I have been dying to use that folder but nothing I have done appealed to me but this card is just stunning

Claudia Rosa said...

wooooowww.ww.. wonderful card. love this!
hugs claudia

Heather said...

The embossed Christmas Tree is great! I'm going to send your blog link to my mom - she's been looking for some inspiration for her Christmas cards! Heather x

Dawn said...

Love these cards especially the CB embossed one - I haven't got that folder but think I might have to get it now!!! LOL

Shirley said...

Both of these are just so wonderful. I like the first one is very elegant and the second one is just so winter and fun.