Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Puppy Family


We had these photos taken by Krista Reid Photography (skreid@sympatico.ca) just last Thursday. Two of the pups have gone to new adoptive families and one will go this week. We are keeping Maggie and she is a cutie.





We had to put the Teddy Bear on the middle pup to keep her from jumping off the bale of hay. We spent a lot of time chasing that little one. She was weighed at the vet the day before and she only weighed 1pound 3oz. and its all pure dare devil.



Our puppy, Maggie, is the one in the bucket. She is a bundle of pure joy.

But a girl does need her beauty sleep! Right in the middle of the photos, Maggie decided to catch a nap. She was out of commission for about 10 minutes but then was back to being a model. All these photos are the untouched proofs so when we get the photos made up the photos will be cropped. We had a great time and it is such a great way to have photos for a scrapbook. Oh yeah, Krista is family so.... we were able to do this.

Now back to cards. For the first time, I took part in the Feature Stamper Challenge at SCS. I have never cased a card before but this is how it turned out.

The Featured Stamper is Denise (Card Crazy) at SCS. I cased her card found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/773109?cat=500&ppuser=98383
I changed the color, added another layer sto make the brown more prominent and I ticket punched the corners.

I used the Cricut machine with the George Basic Shapes cartridge to get the heart. When I cut the heart one size larger in almond paper it didn`t look great so I simply cut around the original. To make the Pocket simply cut a scallop circle ( I used SU punch) and a smaller circle for the inside. Fold each in half and fit together . A small flower and brad hold the two together. I attached this to the point of the heart but only in the back.

I used dimensionals attaching the heart to the paper and the large square to the brown base. I like how it turned out. You can put a small item inside the pocket. The romantic in me thinks this would be a great way to deliver a `ring`to a special someone.

Well it is absolutely a downpour here. Its 8:45 am and the skies are black. I guess this is our part of the hurricane. Thank goodness, we do not have the wind. I expect many flooded basements and ruined gardens but hopefully nothing more serious. Guess I should check everyone`s windows, eh!

Have a good one.
Heather

3 comments:

Tammi said...

Oh my goodness, those puppies are the CUTEST!!! How darling they are, and how fun to have pictures like that taken. I love Maggie in the bucket, what an adorable face...and sleeping, lol!

Pretty card, you have lots of lovely ones on your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine and for your nice comments. :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh my goosch.. heather.. your card is very very pretty.. but telling you .. it is hard to concentrate on the card if i see all these cute puppies!!!
how adorable.. you know.. we are thinking to add a pet to the family and i want a small dog ... i was thinking about a cocker spaniel but i have heard they are not good with kids... i need to read more about the breed you have. This photographer you hired wow. he did a faboulous job
hugs
claudia

Mandy said...

How precious!!