Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Help the Children

From Papertake weekly challenge: This weeks challenge is a charity one! Quick Cards made easy magazine are trying to break the record for the worlds biggest handmade card, for BBC Children in Need. I want you to check this out and maybe join me in creating the world`s largest handmade card.
This is the card I made for this challenge. I have sent it off to Stephanie and look forward to being a part of the big card.

The only requirement for the card was that it be yellow. I love yellow so this was great for me. I used the Tilda blowing in the wind to do this card. This is a Magnolia stamp and I love it. I can almost feel the snowflakes flying through the air. I colored with my precious Prismacolored pencils and used a lot of stickles to make it glisten.

I highlighted the skirt and did the wings in Star Dust Stickles. I also put a drop on each cheek. the snowflakes and trails are done with a silver spica pen.

I used two shades of yellow paper from the Paper Company. The third color is a scrap piece of paper I found. I used the lace border punch for the edge and the Swiss dot cuttlebug folder for the BG.

I Believe in Angels is an Inkadinkado stamp. I have used it a lot. It works with so many different stamps. When I saw it I knew I really had to have it since I love angels. I used SU large oval punch to frame it. I added mircro beeds to the center of a Prisma flower and edged the entire card with Close to Coco and the card was finished.

I really like knowing my card will be used to provide for children. For more information on the Help the Children campaign look here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/charity/index.shtml

Talk later

Heather

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Another beautiful Fall card and she is just precious. I love those colors and how you did her face. The lace and the way you used the glitter to highlight is just wonderful too!