Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Delight in Life

I made this card for the monochromatic challenge on SCS. I chose to use browns because there are so many shades. This is the second time I have made a brown rose and I think I am starting a trend...a brown rose looks really great. Imagine, chocolate and roses, how can it be anything but perfect.

I started this card using a creamy caramel base that I stamped the Magenta rose on. Of course, I used Prismacolors and OMS to color the rose. I am so pleased with all the shades you can create with brown...so much fun.

I had some scraps of a brown paper that I layered it on. My next layer uses the texture cube from Stampendous. If you don`t have one they are fantastic. You have 3 different designs that you use 3 different colors on to create a wonderful BG.

To finish it off I used buttons and ribbons. I am pleased with this card. Hope you like it too.

Thanks so much for all the comments. Wow, do they make me feel great.

Well yesterday was the first day for the boys to head back to school. One in grade 12 and the other in grade 11. I find it hard to believe that my youngest is in grade 12. What a wonderful year he is going to have...I hope. Middle son missed a grade due to too many absences so he is only in grade 11. Here`s hopping he keeps it together in school.

Well I lose two of the pups to their new homes on Saturday so I`m off to play with them. Have a great one.

Heather


No comments: